Job Description Project Director
- In respect to key projects working closely with Divisional Managers to ensure that all projects are delivered in respect to complex contractual items.
- Act as Account Manager for key clients.
- Direct and manage all aspects of project development on key large projects, from enquiry to delivery and close-out.
- Preparation of project execution plans, method statements, schedules, QHSE plans and risk assessments to address stringent Client HSE and technical requirements in line with Company procedures.
- Collate, track and present project KPIs to maintain cost and contractual control at all times.
- Ensure all contractual issues are managed effectively on all projects.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (Commercials, Operations, Engineering, Project Managers) with regards to current and future project resource requirements.
- Coach and mentor all Project Management staff in order to ensure individual personnel development and improved project management skills.
- Work with Regional team to drive operational excellence.
- Assign, track and manage field staff resourcing requirements to meet project requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of Project Management Handbook by Project Managers and Project Co-ordinators.
- Direct and be responsible for project plan finalization including: Project Execution Plan (finalized SOW, finalized schedule, allocated resources and definition of the project organization, project overview, operational plan, quality plan, HSSE / ERP / HIRA plan); Internal and External Project Kick-off Meetings; Document and Distribute Project KPIs; Internal Performance Plan (review final terms and conditions, Identify project critical success factors, finalize project budget including cash flow projection, detailed project risk assessment; Establish project administration including invoicing and reporting.
- Be responsible for accurate revenue recognition, cost control and ensure accurate and timely preparation of the invoices. Obtain timely approvals and payments from the client.
- Oversee and Implement all the project controls for successful delivery of project including monitoring client deliverables, communication, management of change (change log, change assessment, recommendations, update PEP if applicable, contractual amendment if applicable) and invoicing. Be responsible for obtaining formal acceptance from the client.
- Determine how efficiently the project met the objectives and performance indicators outlined in the PEP and project performance plan. Capture lessons learned to future projects and have a fair estimate of leakages.
- Undertake internal audit reviews to ensure compliances.
- (On key contracts) oversee project pre-mobilisation phase to ensure compliance with PMH best practice, improve efficiency and reduce downtime.
- In respect to key projects track and manage monthly project finance reporting (cash flow, WIP, invoicing, in-hand Backlog etc.) to Finance Controller in line with monthly finance reporting deadlines.
- Assist Project Managers in timely collection of outstanding payments. Escalate potential issues/disputes to CM / CD.
- (On key contracts) interface with Client and/or Project Director and work with internal stakeholders to enhance project delivery and improve client satisfaction.
- Oversee Client feedback process and coordinate the close-out procedures with Regional Business Delivery Manager in accordance with the Client Focus initiative.
- Mentoring of Field Staff:
- Drive training and improvements of key competencies.
- Formulate technical training matrix and grading structure.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager to ensure consistency and best practice with regard to technical competencies.
- Implement and drive Company’s QHSSE policies and procedures.
Role specific Behavioural competencies required:
- Problem-solving/judgment: ability to work unsupervised and observe, think critically and to solve problems using data-analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
- Teamwork: dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
- Information & Communication: ability to receive information from, and convey information to others, in a timely and clear manner, using appropriate language, and communication tools.
- Client focus: ability to generate client satisfaction (internally and externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional business.
- Planning & organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.
Demands Project Director
Skills / experience required to do the job:
- Minimum 10 yrs+ in similar role or Project Director experience.
- Extensive commercial awareness.
- Significant contractual management experience (FIDIC experience preferable).
- Coaching & Mentoring experience.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, committed and flexible with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills both internally and with Client (English is essential, Arabic would be advantageous)
- BSc (level 6) Degree (preferably Engineering or Geo sciences).
Deel deze vacature
- Civiele techniek
E-mail: Stuur Cyril een e-mail
Mobiel: (06) 5438 1702