The Geoscience Manager will provide support in terms of management and execution of engineering and geological data analysis and interpretation for various consulting projects across Saudi Arabia.
The incumbent must have the ability to contribute to projects using a range of engineering and geological techniques and methodologies.
- Working on Structural (and Engineering) Field Mapping;
- Evaluating data using 3D geological and geotechnical modelling;
- Compilation of GIS databases;
- Work on structural data interpretation;
- Conduct desktop studies and geo-hazard identification;
- Manage, train, and mentor junior geologists/engineers;
- Assist in the writing of technical and commercial proposals;
- Structural and engineering geology report writing (factual and interpretative);
- Assist in the management of Engineering geological and geotechnical investigations;
- Investigating the structure and evolution of the earth and its natural resources;
- Preferably possess field, wireline and seismic interpretation skills in geophysics.
Qualifications / Skills / Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Earth Sciences with structural geology or engineering geology focus; Master’s Degree will be advantageous
- 8 to 10 years’ engineering or structural geology experience depending on highest qualification achieved, exploration geology experience will be advantageous
- Good computer skills in related packages (MS Project, Leapfrog/Micromine/Surpac, Dips, ArcGIS, Geosoft Suite, WellCAD, Rockworks, Global Mapper);
- A sound understanding of geological mapping principles;
- A strong understanding of structural geology;
- A good understanding of engineering geology or a willingness to learn;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Able to work independently, organise work under pressure and in a timely manner;
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this role;
- Fluent in English, Arabic proficiency will be advantageous;
- Technically inclined.
- Must be Saudi National
Role specific Behavioral competencies required:
- Problem-solving/Judgment: the ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills;
- Teamwork: the proven dedication and ability to work successfully with others, adding value to the team. Share knowledge, develop new competences and coach junior personnel on assigned projects, proposals;
- Information and Communication: Communicates appropriately and effectively with a range of people on a variety of subjects in order to inform, educate or influence them. Processes and provides data / information to meet business requirements;
- Client Focus: the ability to identify, meet and sometimes exceed the needs and expectations of (external or internal) clients, resulting in (long-term) client satisfaction. Develop innovative approach to solving client challenges and materialize value proposition;
- Planning & Organizing: able to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction.